Monday, September 17, 2007

Can someone help me please...

I need some serious help understanding the logic and mind of teenagers. I'm honestly at a loss, but think that if I could make some sense...I might be able to cope...or work within the system to help move things along safely...or something like that.

But, really, I know I'm asking for the moon to be served up on a silver platter. Still it would sure be nice going to bed at night knowing where things stand, where I stand, and what to expect of the day tomorrow.

And Betty, I understand a conversation we had years ago at a quilt bee at the lake house. You were threading a needle and I asked you what your boys were up to (after spending much time expounding on the delights of my adorable twin babies) and you said something to the effect, "I don't want to talk about it...I'll volunteer information when I can, but it's just too difficult. They aren't as cute as your little ones. One day you'll understand."

I get it. ugh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's what I would tell you. Despite what they might say to the contrary, you are not "ruining their lives" by discipling them. On the contrary, you are showing them you love them, although it may take 10-20 years for them to realize that. Take it one day at a time. It does get better and one day you will laugh about it. Love, BJ

Anonymous said...

There is no help. You just have to endure and hope you come out on top. Remember what James Dobson says.... When they get 16 put a plug in the barrell. Just love them and pray daily that they will think before they act. Mom

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I would not want to wish anybody the hard times I had with my boys (and prob your mom with her boys). I truly believe your girls are going to be fine. But it is a very rough time. I still keep my fingers crossed a lot.
I have not been reading the blog in a while. I love the picture of you in the sunglasses, but the other ones are really cute!

Anonymous said...

I remember being 22 years old and pregnant with Laura. I went to a beauty shop in Mexia for a haircut. The hairdresser told me kids were great until they get to be teenagers. I never forgot that. It's something all parents have to go through. Be consistent and loving, I know you are. All of you will come through this and one day you'll happily realize, "They're human! They really are!" Hang in there, Auntie J.