Friday, May 16, 2008

2 Scarves...the last for a while!


Since I'm going on vacation TOMORROW (!), these are the last scarves I'll make for a while. They were both woven on the same warp using Berroco's Trilogy yarn. It's a combination of wool, cotton and nylon and is shimmery, soft and very pretty. The scarf on the left is woven with Berroco's Softy (dark green) in the weft. It is amazingly soft and wonderful. I would love to make a blanket from softy, but it would cost a fortune. The scarf on the right is woven using Southwest Trading Company's Phoenix Soy Silk (natural) in the weft. Th vertical stripes reverse on the "wrong" side of the fabric. I think this one turned out very swanky and pretty--better than I imagined when I designed it. (that's always exciting).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty scarves!

Have a great time on your trip.
Auntie J.