Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Weaving Class Day #3


I was too excited to tell what I did yesterday...I played with patterns. After warping the loom and getting the warp ready to weave, she told us to play around with different patterns. The bottom half of the picture above was completed on Day #2. I found that I have a significant interest in patterns...so much so that I couldn't sleep last night dreaming up new ways to do patterns!
Today we learned to read weaving drafts, which are like blueprints for weavers. Then we got to play with fibers, or threads. We could pick anything in the shop that was on a cone and weave to our heart's content. I did not do any fancy patterns, this time, but did enjoy getting to feel all the different kinds of threads available.
So, above you have me and my sampler. I absolutely LOVE weaving. I have to go home now and figure out how to make room for a loom and all the weaving accoutrements you need! Donations are accepted :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You are a quick learner and you did a great job! I am so glad you love weaving, and I'm honored you have written your blog "on location in Wimberley." I'll miss you next week!
Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

I loved this 'banner' Leslie. I think you should use it in your house as a runner somewhere.