Saturday, August 23, 2008

My first purse!


I think it's absolutely adorable and am SO looking forward to taking it with me on my trip to TX tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed that I actually get to leave because I'm really looking forward to 1) staying with my Aunt Janice and Uncle Jackie and 2) taking my overshot weaving class.


At any rate, the purse is made from 7 different yarns ranging from 100% wool, 50/50 soy silk and wool, chenille, wool that is spun so that it is thick and thin, bamboo, and mohair. It was a little troublesome on the loom because the sticky yarns (the mohair and the thick and thin wool) were really grabbing each other and wouldn't open up. But the finished product is quite wonderful. The strap goes all the way around the bag and is long enough to have the purse sit at my hip area. It's woven from wool and chenille.


Can't wait to give a product test result sometime next week!

No comments: