Thursday, August 07, 2008

Senior Year

My daughters started their senior year in high school today. I am stunned. How did they grow up so fast?

I feel panicked that I'm not going to be able to teach them everything they need to know before they leave the house...it won't be for lack of trying...but it's still scary to think that they'll be out in the world on their own in such a short time and making decisions for themselves.

I know deep inside, though, that we all have to go through our own growing pains and making mistakes and learning from them.

Yet, I'm left with a feeling of not being able to do enough. There isn't enough time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're stunned???? Can you imagine being the granmother of these girls. Where did the time go with you and now it has zoomed by with them. I must be getting old. Mom