Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to all!

I wish everyone a merry Christmas and hope you get all the wonderful gifts you've been hankering for.  I know I did.  I always consider birthday to Christmas to be a "season" in and of itself.  This year I got my big present for my birthday--a beautiful key shaped necklace from Tiffany's.  My parents bought me some ramikens so that I can cook some of these interesing meals I've been wanting to try, some cookbooks, and a panini press.  My anniversary themed gifts were Ayala Bar earrings (google her if you're interested...LOVELY jewelry).  And my Christmas gifts are crafting inspired.  The daughters bought for me a reed holder for my weaving studio as well as a ski shuttle (which I'm very excited about).  And David bought me 4 cross stitch patterns and had them "kitted" so that I have all the material and yarns I'll need for each project.  And finally, David bought me some wonderful "in season" Ranier cherries to be sent in May/June when they are at the peak of ripeness.  I can hardly wait.

This Christmas season I have known the true joy of giving.  I bought for my mother a bread machine, and hearing her experiments every day has truly warmed my heart and brought me more joy than I thought it would.  I have the pleasure of seeing her try new things, have them turn out beautifully and then share them with her family and neighbors.  I feel like I have a little part in that extra-gifting and have honest joy in the knowledge that I "hit it" this year with her gift.  Enjoy for many years mama!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did hit it right with the bread machine. Even Scott said he loved the gift you gave me as he really enjoys the nice hot bread.

Thanks lots, Mom