Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Robert Morgan...

I absbolutely loved Gap Creek by Robert Morgan. I read it before I started this blog, so I don't have a review up of it, but I remember admiring the main characters' struggles, her pluck and the descriptive writing. So, I bought 2 more books by Robert Morgan, Hinterlands and This Rock. Neither of which I was able to finish.

Both Hinterlands and This Rock were depressing. The stories seemed to be more about failure and impotency than about life and love and making the best of what one has. I kept wanting to like This Rock, but I think it was actually making me grumpy and not appreciate what I have in this life--I was getting too involved in Muir's failures and his conflicts with his brother.

So, after a little over 200pp I've put This Rock aside.

No comments: