Friday, August 06, 2010

Book Review: Death on a Silver Tray by Rosemary Stevens

Death on a Silver Tray by Rosemary Stevens is a really fun mystery.  The main character is Beau Brummel, the "real life" fashion guru of Regency England.  He is joined by a cat named Chakkri, who I just adored.

The mystery plot revolves around the poisoning of a cranky old woman, Lady Wrayburn.  Miss Ashton is accused of the murder, but Beau knows she didn't do it and is out to prove her innocence.  He's not the best of detectives and stumbles along into the clues and answers to the mystery, but does so in a very delightful way.

I want to read the rest of the Beau Brummel series and all the other books that Rosemary Stevens wrote, so I highly recommend it.  Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a comment yesterday and it didn't come up. Just thought I would enjoy this book but neither of our libraries have this writer. Will look for it when we come visit. mom

Leslie said...

I'll let you borrow my copy, mom. it's no longer in print.