Friday, September 17, 2010

What Have I been Doing?

So much, and none of it interesting.  Work has really been crazy busy and rather stressful of late.  I've had zero time and energy for blogging, weaving, reading, or otherwise enjoying life.  Things have finally slowed down and will hopefully maintain a regular pace so that I can keep up, have a life, and enjoy my job.  And don't get my wrong, I enjoy my job...just in littler pieces!  So, this is what I've been doing:
  • conferencing with students
  • interviewing and hiring peer mentors for our peer mentor program
  • designing the training for our peer mentors
  • meeting with our external evaluator
  • meeting with our external consultant
  • designing and delivering the training for our faculty advisors in the legal and ethical issues of advising
  • designing and delivering the training for our professional staff in best practices of advising, intrusive advising and the legal and ethical issues of advising
  • creating evaluation tools for all the above training
  • managing our advisors as they began advising the students in my classes
  • planning, designing activities and teaching 2 sections of a college success class (these are the pilot students who we will track for retention purposes and who are going through our advising model)
  • grading assignments for the 2 sections I'm teaching
For fun I:
  • Went to College Station and attended the season opener for the Texas Aggie football season
  • Got my hair cut
  • Went to bookclub
  • Hosted my crafting group: The Crafty Vixens
And that's about it.  I hope to be back to more regular blogging soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got tired just reading all that you have been doing. Great job and hope you get to a point where you will be enjoying it. Mom