Friday, November 30, 2007

Job Interview

I have a job interview at USM this afternoon. I have mixed feelings about whether I want a full-time regular job. I've enjoyed consulting and being able to set my own schedule, but I haven't enjoyed the lack of certainty about contracts and paychecks. Plus I had committed to spending the next year focusing on my dissertations. The question that arises is will the job, if I get it, interfere with the dissertation or push me to complete it because I'll be less stressed? Or will I be more stressed since I'll be working in yet another position that has not been in place before (in other words, I'll be the first "me" again as I have been in every single job I've had in Mississippi)? There's the old panic of when I'll manage to get everything I've been doing the past year at home (shopping, clothes washing, cooking, accounting, etc.)? But, there's a paycheck, regular insurance, tuition reimbursement, etc...stability.

No comments: