Monday, April 19, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I made it home around 4:30 today. Glad to be here, but I did have a wonderful time on my trip. Finished Glitter Baby by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I'll have a review up in the next couple of days. I also found (and bought) Writing Jane Austen by Elizabeth Aston (an author I absolutely adore). I'm almost finished with it and loving every page.

Other than reading, I did a lot of museum going. I met up with my friend Jenn from graduate school in Kentucky and we went to the National Museum for Women in the Arts. It's a nice small museum and perfect for meeting up with someone you haven't seen in 10 years. Yesterday David and I spent the afternoon at the National Museum for the American Indian. There was an excellent special exhibit by Brian Jungen called Stange Comforts. I highly recommend you look it up and go if you're in the DC area between now and August 8th. http://www.nmai.si.edu/subpage.cfm?subpage=exhibitions&second=dc&third=current

We also went and ate out at some very nice restaurants. My favorite is Carlyle Grand Cafe where you can have the best beef ribs that will ever enter your mouth. MMM.

Still, very nice to be home and I plan to get to bed early tonight and sleep as late as I can tomorrow.

No comments: