Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Bad Hair

I typically don't have what I'd call "bad hair."  My hair has almost always done what I wanted, looked good and cooperated with me with minimal effort on my part.  I usually like my style and can, on most every day, get it to do something that looks decent.

Until this year that is...

My hair has been uspeakably bad this year.  I don't know what happened but a big chunk of it in the crown got severely damaged and ended up looking and feeling like straw for 3-4 months.  I've been trying to treat it and let it grow out and it's finally feeling like hair again and not sticking up everywhere.

But, as a result I've had to keep my hair short since the beginning of the year.  I don't like having short hair.  Short hair definitely has more bad hair days than long hair.  I actually struggle with it each morning trying to figure out how to make it look decent.  And I really don't like to struggle with my hair.  I like it to do what I want it to do and then stay that way all day.  Right now I think I look like a poodle in very bad need of a hair cut.

With a dark streak down the middle because I'm not dying my hair lately either...and while my color was close to my natural color, it was definitely lighter...

Puffy, unruly, frizzy, streaked and short hair is the name of the day.

And every morning I think of this poem for obvious reasons:

There was a little girl
who had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead.

When she was good
she was very good.

But when she was bad
she was horrid!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back at your blog post! I've enjoyed everything you wrote about the TT bee, and I can sure relate to bad hair day.
Aunt Janice

Leslie said...

Thanks Auntie J! I'm enjoying being back too. I'm just hoping I can keep it up!