Monday, June 06, 2011

Never Disappointing

The Annual Thornton Thimbler Quilt Bee never disappoints.  The 19th was no exception.  On the way home David asked our favorite highlight...so hard to pick one. 
  • Mine:  Getting to spend time with my family
  • Alyssa's:  Winning the quilt
  • Elizabeth's:  Spending time with family (and not working)
Fun times.  I loved the literary event as always.  Watching Doreen rap was awesome.  Seeing Kirby's first quilt was also awesome.  Watching Alyssa win the quilt was fabulous.  Glad to have her officially inducted as a quilter...whether she's ready or not!  Getting to know Emma better was terrific. 

I think it's funny how somehow we manage to do similar themed events--even though we're all so very secretive.  I sit back and wonder how it is our brains can think so similarly.

So, now, I sit back and think about the 20th...what can I do that no one else will do?  How can the girls and I plan a lunch that will be impressive and unlike anything else?  I will have to do a lot of remembering over the next 12 months to plan ahead to June 2011...oh the anticipation is unBEElievable!

No comments: