Thursday, May 25, 2006

Vacation

Heading out to the beach with the girls and two of their friends today. We're all very excited!

I went on two trips with my Morris grandparents when I was 10-11. The first one was just me and them. It was a lot of fun even if we did sleep in crappy motels and didn't go anywhere besides visiting family and the car. We drove and drove and drove.

The next trip my cousins and their parents went with us. That was 4 kids, and 4 adults in a suburban. I have no idea how we all fit our luggage in there, but it was a blast. We went to see Mount Rushmore, drove through perilous mountain passes, saw black bears all over the place, drove through prairies. Silver Lake in Colorado was my favorite. OH, and my cousins and I played gin rummy with these weird cards we found at some stuckeys--there was a round deck, a crooked deck, and another one I can't remember.

And funny enough my husband went on vacation and stayed at what has to be the exact same hotel we did in Colorado. It had a FREEZING cold "heated" pool and a hot tub. We both teased how that was the heated pool to our family and they thought us rather clever. At least I didn't convince his mother to jump in the pool where the water was "oh so warm"! My the fall out that must have come from that!

No comments: