Monday, November 27, 2006

Back to the Salt Mines

At least I'll be working a mroe reasonable expectation in the next few weeks. I have stuff to do, thank goodness (I do hate being bored) but it won't be insane like it was last month...and for that I am utterly thankful.

Speaking of being thankful, last week, I took off after Monday when my big grant was due. I thought I'd update you on my vacation--most of which was spent being totally lazy!

  • I took the girls to see Marie Antoinette and then to eat lunch at Chili's. The movie was just ok...it was a weird mix of historical artsy film and "catch the teens and 20 somethings by loud music and Kirstin Dunst."
  • I finished To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
  • I ate Thanksgiving dinner with my family--which was just so-so, everything besides the turkey was really good, but the turkey was awful.
  • I watched SEVERAL games of college ball on tv. Loved seeing my Aggies win.
  • We put up our Christmas tree--it's very pretty...red and silver this year, though I discovered I was low on silver ornaments. Have ordered some and hope to have them up soon.
  • Went to my birthday dinner with the family. I had a rib-eye with steak and scallops. It was quite yummy.
  • I went shopping for Christmas presents--I only had to buy two this year, and I'm DONE!
  • I slept until at least 9am every day.
  • I solved the mystery of the non-delivered birthday flowers. For some reason they were delivered to my office, so we came to get them on Sat. afternoon. Then last night I sat up with my kitty who had decided to eat one of the lilies, much to her stomach's distress!
  • I started a new book, Abundance by Sena Jeter Naslund. It's about Marie Antoinette and SO much more interesting than the movie was.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I missed seeing my family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we missed seeing your family!
Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

We missed you very much. I had a play and the girls would have been great in their parts.