Thursday, December 13, 2007

Just a Quick Update

Things here have been going and going...here are a few high points:

  • Today is David's birthday--Happy Birthday David!
  • I'm still waiting for my loom!
  • Elizabeth got her braces off one month ago. I'm still waiting to get a picture of her for the blog
  • I'm buying yarn and doing everything I can to set up my weaving studio...but...
  • I'm still waiting for my loom!
  • I'm having good responses to my pre-proposal. That means I'll be writing a dissertation proposal in January.
  • I'm very happy and comfortable with my half-time employment and graduate student status.
  • My 17th Anniversary is Saturday. I cannot wait to open that big box that's been sitting in my room for WEEKS now!
  • I'm really enjoying The Game of Kings by Dorothy Dunnett. I like it so much I know I can stop in the middle of a page or chapter and get right back to it because I'll be thinking about it most of the time I'm not reading.
  • I have jury duty next week. Not looking forward to it, but it will be a fact of life for the next year.
  • We are hosting a Christmas party next weekend. Really looking forward to that. I'm cooking pumpkin pasta--vegetarian--and Christmas pasta, both from Rachel Ray's 365 No Repeats (the best cookbook I've ever owned).
  • I'm beginning to seriously plan a trip back to Wimberley for more weaving lessons.
  • My loom still hasn't arrived!

On that last point, I'm off to see if I can find a suitable substitute to get me weaving in the down time while waiting on the loom. I have a peg-loom but I wasn't really very happy with it, so I'm going to see if I can find Harrisville's Easy Weaver that has a warp already on it. It's pretty simple but will allow me to work with the yarns I already have and make something more interesting than a 9x11 thing...

No comments: