Sunday, January 27, 2008

3 New Scarves


The scarf on the left is one I made for myself. It's warped with a beautiful yarn from Berroco called Trilogy...it's wool, metallic and something else that's really soft all held together by an invisible nylon thread. So it's shiny and really pretty and gives you these little bits of surprising colors every now and then. I wove it with Berroco's Softy in an olive green. I think it may be my favorite.
The middle scarf is green wool with a mint green mohair. Woven in a herringbone pattern. It turned out much lovelier than I thought. Jeff I hope you love it!
The scarf on the right didn't turn out nearly as nice as I thought it would. I was using up some bobbins I had wound up and wanted to do some wide horizontal stripes (that worked out) using an undulting twill pattern (really fancy name for a twill that gets stretched out)...the middle isn't very stable and kind of bunches up so that you don't see the pattern very well...still it's pleasing to look at.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They're all beautiful. You must be spending a fortune at the yarn shop! But what fun.