Monday, June 30, 2008

"I swear, Gran and Papa are always buying a new car!"











So, Saturday we all waited all day for my parents to arrive with the surprise car for the girls' graduation gift. They pulled into the driveway while we were playing a nintendo game, and I paused the game and said, "We have to go help them bring everything in." And Elizabeth replied "Can't we finish the race first?" I said, "NO! Come on!"

So, out we traipsed to help my mom and dad and as soon as we got to the door Elizabeth said, "Did Gran and Papa buy a new car? I swear they are always buying a new car!"

Then she walked outside and said, "Why on earth would they bring TWO cars to visit us...this doesn't make any sense."

All this time Alyssa is looking completely perplexed.

My parents finally came over and told them that the car was theirs as a gift for their graduation and Alyssa was speechless and Elizabeth started shaking. They eventually got excited and couldn't be kept out of the car and are now driving all over the place! Today was a reality check when they realized how much taxes, inspection stickers and the like can cost, but they are the happy drivers of a beautiful white 2007 chevy Cobalt.

No comments: