Friday, June 27, 2008

What I did after I got back from Europe until I left for the Quilting Bee

WOVE!!! It was so fun weaving gifts for everyone and seeing their faces when they opened them up. I hope everyone enjoys their gifts, USES them if they are a useful item and lets me know how they wear and tear!

Here are some pics of the things I wove and gave away at the quilting bee.


I made napkins to give as a hostess gift and to use during our 50's dinner.




















Then I made some towels to give to aunt Janice. They are made using a sponge weave pattern and are very thick and wonderful feeling.




















Then I made Aunt Carolyn a scarf in pink and turquoise soysilk and alpaca. Wonderful--shiny and so soft.



Then there were more towels for Laura.

And three scarves on the same velura warp. Alyssa's is dark green, Elizabeth's is purple and mom's is dark green and white. Mom's was finished at 9pm the night before I left. I was worried it would be dry in time, but it was.

Everyone modeling their scarves. BJ's and Kirby's scarves were completed before the trip and I can't seem to find my memory card with all the pictures on it, so I don't have a close up to show of them. They've been posted on the blog before.

And Betty modeling her placemats that were completed earlier.

Finally Doreen received some towels, which unfortunately are on the same memory card as BJ's scarf so I don't have a picture of them to share. They are also on a previous blog entry though. M&O towels, they are called. In gold, green and rust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was truly a labor of love from you to all of us. Thank you SEW much for providing us with wonderful gifts which we will always treasure. Auntie J.