Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Book Review: Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon


I loved the book, as I’ve loved everything she’s written so far. I enjoyed reuniting with the characters. It felt like a really homey reunion where you like everybody and they have fun stories to tell.

That said, the writing was a little odd for Gabaldon. Kind of edgy and hurried. I never understood why the William and Lord Grey sections were so out of synch (time wise) with the rest of the story lines. And I have to say that leaving such a cliff-hanger (well 4 to be exact) is difficult for a reader who knows she won’t see these characters again and reach resolution for at least 2-3 years.

Oh well. If you like the Outlander Series you’ll love this book. If you haven’t read any of the Outlander books, I recommend starting with #1 and reading until now…by the time you’ve finished book 7 it’ll almost be time for book 8 to come out and then you won’t have to agonize over the fates of all the characters in the meantime. Gabaldon is one of my favorite authors and I always love it when she has a new book out. Note of warning, they are LONG books, but so well written and fun that it’s worth the time and effort.

No comments: