Monday, October 05, 2009

WW Update

10 weeks into the program and we are doing very well. I lost 1.5 pounds this week for a total of 14.5 and David lost 2.5 for a total of 14. We are rocking along! yea us!

My thoughts so far. It's been a very positive experience so far. I'm not exercising yet because I simply don't have the mental energy to figure that out along with eating right AND writing a dissertation, so exercise will wait. I'm still losing weight at a rate of over 1 pound per week, and that's very motivating. The points system allows for a great flexibility--I can eat what I want, for the most part, and just keep track of it. I usually have one indulgence per week. Tracking what I eat has also been very helpful. I usually plan my day's food out the night before and that way I know what I'm eating for snacks, lunch, breakfast AND dinner, and it's kept that "fear" of hunger at bay.

My goal was to lose 20 pounds by Thanksgiving--my first goal. I think I'm going to make it!

Oh, and what's even more motivating is that this week I've really been able to see and feel the weight loss. It's very exciting.

No comments: