Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Boys can be so stupid...

We have this conversation almost daily--about how stupid boys can be. It's mostly in reference to teenage boys and their interaction with my daughters or their friends, but sometimes, it extends to men. I tell my daughters that about some things, men will never "get it." Exhibit A:


This figurine of a balking mule was given to me by my husband for Valentine's Day 2001. He saw it on a trip to Amish Country in Ohio, wanted to buy it for me but didn't want me to know he was going to get it, left and went home, lost the contact to the store, had to SEARCH to find the store, finally did, purchased the balking mule (whose name is Dolly, by the way), had it mailed just in time for my fabulous Valentine gift. He couldn't even wait to give it to me on "the day" so gave it to me early. Needless to say it didn't go over very well, and I ended up getting a gigantic box of Godiva afterwards for all my hurt feelings.
Yet, to this day, my husband, who can be really smart about most things, thinks this was a great gift and I just didn't appreciate it in the right way...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE that horse! When I was 8, I got two little horses about 4 inches tall. I loved them. I walked down the road to show my Aunt Vernon. On the way home, one got lost. I remember crying and running down the road to see if I could find my lost horse. I found it. I wish I still had them. Great present, David!