Thursday, February 22, 2007

Still Sugar Free

I've wanted to report for a while now that I'm still doing well with the "no sugar" thing. I very occasionally allow myself a chai tea latte from Starbucks (full-sugar since they don't have sugar free) but otherwise, I'm very very good. I'm really enjoying the control of it all...I'm still losing weight. I'm down about 25 pounds now since June, which is really great considering that I'm not doing much else to try to lose weight except walk when I can get around to it. My jeans are falling off...and one of my favorite shirts looked so big on me yesterday that I decided I can find out what happens if I wash it by hand instead of taking it to the dry cleaners. This is all very exciting.

But, when I go to the bakery to get my fresh wheat bread or a baguette, I look longingly at the cakes and brownies. Yesterday I almost convinced mysef that one cupcake from Starbucks to go with my latte wouldn't really hurt me that badly--and probably it wouldn't if I could stick with just that one, but I don't trust myself. And I really want to stick with this through our trip to Europe mainly because every time I've done well losing weight, I totally blow it on vacation. And I'm not going to do that this time because I'm mentally prepared...but it doesn't make things much easier when those cakes and cookies look so yummy...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work with your will power! I thought you looked a lot thinner in that photo yesterday. I'm proud of you.
Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW you can do it! You're a very determined young lady.

Anonymous said...

I love those Starbucks chai tea lattes, too. I get mine with soy milk. Congratulations on your weight loss. That's terrific! BJ