Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Thank Goodness for the Giving People

Our heater finally died on Saturday morning. When the guy came down to give us a report he said, I'll give you the good news first--I don't even remember what that was. The bad news was that the heat exchange box on our furnace was cracked and that the heater was likely leaking carbon monoxide into the house--a bad thing for anyone to consider even if it was going to be 30 degrees that night.

So, we bit the bullet and ordered a new one. Thank goodness they are installing it today because it's blustery and miserable out there and the only reason I'm not freezing to death right now is because we still have a good bit of residual heat from yesterday.

But I feel so sorry for those fellows out there working in this horribly cold weather, on my roof, without the good protective clothing you'd find in areas where winter really means something. So, I'm thankful for people who are willing to suffer so that I can sleep warm and cozy tonight...

No comments: