Sunday, April 20, 2008

Scrap Weaving


I don't know if there's a genre of weaving called "scrap weaving" but if there is I'm an avid fan! The scarf above is made from the left-overs of the color and weave scarf pictured from a couple of days ago. I used what I had left of the pink and lavendar wool and then added what was left of the pink silk from the log cabin scarves of a while back. It is woven with the dark green wool in a broken twill pattern. Again, these often complicated patterns are not complicated at all and are a joy to weave.
My favorite thing about this scarf is how the multi colors in the warp really do add lots of depth to the fabric and create almost an overdyed look.
There will be one more scrap scarf from this "collection"...hopefully by tomorrow as I have jury duty on Tuesday!

No comments: