Friday, July 14, 2006

Oh My!

Yesterday morning my mother fell and broke both of her ankles. She called at work to tell me and my first inclination was that someone had died. I knew it wasn't my dad, my grandmother or any of my aunts or uncles because her voice sounded somewhat calm, but I could tell that something was distressing her (and since she never calls me at work I knew something was up). So, when she told me that she'd broken both of her ankles, I was most relieved, and then VERY disheartened because that's a TERRIBLE thing to have happen! My poor little mama!

It reminded me of when I broke both of my arms in 6th grade, and that was a terrible terrible time. At least, as she said, she'll be able to feed herself and get dressed. But she will feel pretty miserable for a few days, and then when she starts to mend, she'll be pretty bored and miserable. So, we have to think of things to keep her from going crazy!

UPDATE: Only one of Mom's ankles is broken. The other is very badly sprained, so after a week or so she'll be able to hobble around a little. Thank goodness!

No comments: