Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Quilt Bee 2006


I arrived to much fanfare and picture taking to the 14th annual Thornton Thimblers Quilt Bee. What a fun, fun time we had telling stories, trying to outdo one another with our fabulous food and shopping...and not to forget the main event, the quilting!

The quilt bee is probably my favorite time of year. I love all the laughter and fun that we have. The silliness and showmanship and creativity make for a wonderful time. No responsibilities all us girls to really have a great time. I can hardly wait each year as the bee comes around. I plan and think of gifts and games. Apparently Aunt Carolyn can't wait to sing songs so she writes her own...there are plays which always crack me up...

Next year we're breaking with tradition and coming to Mississippi! I'm honored to host the 15th annual TTQB...but know I won't do nearly as bang up a job as Auntie J...I simply don't have all the bees around to set the ambience...Even so, we'll have a blast as we always do and introduce the young'uns to the bee. No doubt it will BEE delightful.

I'm having trouble uploading the photos into this blog, so they will have to come tomorrow!

Highlights in photos:

Carolyn and me arriving

Mom unveiling the quilt:



Everyone (but me) quilting:



The Friday night play

More Quilting on Saturday

Shopping on Saturday (At least it's quilt related)

Lunch on Saturday

Dinner on Saturday

Grandma Arrives on Sunday!

Bonnie Wins the Quilt :(

Looking at the book

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to BEEing in Mississippi in 2007. Have bees, will travel!
Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog. We BEE looking forward to the Mississippi bee. BEE Jay and Linda Bee