Monday, July 10, 2006

Home Again

My mom tells a story about my oldest brother when he was a baby. They lived in Dallas at the time and had driven down to see the grandparents for the weekend. When they got home again, Scott was so happy to be home that kissed all of his toys and danced and sang.

I didn't feel quite that happy to be home, but I do think that I kissed my bed and pillow before going to sleep last night. I think that's one problem with getting a really comfortable bed and pillow--you're totally spoiled against sleeping comfortably anywhere else.

Highlights from the trip:
  • I sat on the beach for 6 days in a row--it was heavenly
  • I got to see 3 baby tigers play and then I got to pet them
  • I stayed on my "no sweets" diet for an entire 10 day vacation--and though I struggled at times, I DID IT!
  • I had some good reading and cross stitching time
  • I relaxed
  • I spent time with my family at the quilt bee
  • My grandma showed up at the quilt bee--what a wonderful suprise that was
  • I had absolutely no connection problems at the airport

Not-so-grand points of the trip:

  • The toilet in our bathroom at the condo was stopped up for two days because the cleaning people flushed 2 bars of soap down it (who would think to do such a thing?)
  • One of my daughters had an attack of the bratty fits
  • I did not sleep well
  • I had to sit next to a man on the Memphis/Austin flight who believed that his single ticket purchase included my seat
  • I did NOT win the quilt :(

All-in-all it was a fabulous vacation. Very family oriented and just what I needed to get me through all the craziness that I'm up against the next couple of months.

I'll have pictures in a few days of some of the highlights, but until then, I promise 2 books reviews (maybe a third if I finish it today or tomorrow) and thoughts of some of my favorite highlights from the trip.

No comments: