Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hasta Luego!

I'm heading out tomorrow morning on two back-to-back trips. I cannot wait to leave the office today and begin preparations for these exciting 10 days. How fun it will be! 6 days in Orange Beach will be a blast. I plan to:
  • sit on the beach under my umbrellas listening to the waves and reading. I will bring with me the following books (some of which are easy reads and will be one-day books no doubt): Faking It by Jennifer Cruisie, Tied to the Tracks by Rosina Lippi (Sara Donati to those of you who have read her Wilderness Series books--I've yet to read anything penned under Lippi, so I'm interested to see the difference), A Rose for the Crown by Anne Easter Smith, Elizabeth and Darcy: Days and Nights at Pemberley by Linda Bertoll, The Runaway Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini, Morality for Beautiful Girls by Alexander McCall Smith (3rd in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books--excellent reads, btw), and The Last Picture Show by Larry McMurtry (which I started last night and seems to be pretty good so far).
  • Cross stitch on my newest project Bitter Flower Sampler. Janice, you would love it as it has a red sunflower and a bee and says "The bee sucks honey out of the bitterest flower." Very folksy.
  • Pet baby tigers.
  • Eat crab legs.
  • Sleep late.
  • not work.
  • Walk on the beach with my sweetheart.

When we get back on Thursday, I have to go take a stats test and then get home so that I can get up EARLY to fly out to the quilt bee. There I plan to:

  • laugh
  • shop
  • quilt
  • play games
  • listen to stories
  • AND WIN THE QUILT!

I'll miss y'all over the next week when I'm unable to write. Just think of all the stories I'll have when I get back on July 10th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like FUN days ahead! Enjoy! I like the sound of all your books.

Auntie J.