Monday, June 05, 2006

Sugar Free--Week 2

So, I'm in my second week of not eating sweets. Last week actually wasn't all that hard but that's because I was sick 2 of the 4 days of the regular week, and David was sick the other 2.

I'm already starting to rationalize when I'll be ok to have sweets again. The real answer is never. I'm like an alcoholic or drug addict when it comes to sugar, so I must stay away...I'll be fine as long as I can control my environment...when things get iffy (like at the quilt bee or on vacation) it will be difficult. I've learned from past mistakes that I can't simply "let myself go" on vacation and not have that bad behavior continue into the real world once I get home.

It's hard, though, because I do love them so--sweets have been my emotional release--both good and bad--for as long as I can remember.

But, I've already lost about 3 pounds, so I should be mourning the loss of something that makes me miserable and unhealthy ...and I have not had ONE bout of heartburn, so there is an up-side.

No comments: