Friday, June 23, 2006

The Beach



In one week from today I will be leaving my house and going to Orange Beach, Alabama. This picture was taken from the balcony of a friend's parent's condo which was 6 months later pretty messed up from Hurricane Ivan.

I am really really looking forward to the beach. When we got home from our Memorial Day trip I thought we were nuts for going back so soon. Did we really need another beach vacation in such a short time? The answer is a resounding yes!

With things so crazy and busy around the office I need time to remember:

  • That I love my family no matter how messy, grumpy or crazy they are
  • That sitting and doing nothing for days in a row is a very good thing
  • That I love reading books just for fun
  • That I don't have to be perfect
  • That pleasing others is really optional
  • That pelicans are probably the coolest animals on earth (outside of elephants and kitties)
  • That if I don't get every single little thing accomplished in my day I am still a good mother, friend, wife, worker and student
  • That sitting in a chair with your eyes closed, feeling the sun on your skin, listening to the waves, and feeling a breeze may be what heaven really is like.

So, I cannot wait to be completely lazy and relaxed. I will enjoy everyone for who they are and simply be able to enjoy myself for who I am. I will sleep late and drink wine in the afternoon. I will wear sinfully comfortable clothes every single day. And the fact that we have a jacuzzi tub in our room makes everything even better!

And I will absolutely ooh and aah every time a pelican flies by our window!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs time to relax and become new again. That is why vacations were invented.