Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to a great dad who:
  • always let me feed the cows range cubes before they went to auction--and was kind enough not to tell me that they were likely to be slaughtered.
  • teased me mercilessly for calling said range cubes RANCH cubes most of my childhood.
  • drove his LOYLOTA to and from Dallas everyday for years so we could live near his parents.
  • let me pull the choke every time I rode in that old truck with him.
  • remains faithful to his church and God.
  • is a great grandad to my kids.
  • is patient beyond all imagination.

I love ya dad! Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was easy to be a great dad to such a great daughter. Dad

Anonymous said...

What sweet Father's Day thoughts you sent to my favorite brother.

Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

I thought that was a wonderful tribute to Merle.