Thursday, September 28, 2006

Party Girl!

Sorry about being out of touch the last two days. Tuesday I was sick and yesterday I just couldn't think.

On a more fun note, we're having a party on Saturday. I've always loved having parties. In grad school in KY we would host one everyone every Friday. It was easier for us to host since we had the kiddoes and could simply put them to bed when they got tired. No one else seemed to mind. I would plan the whole thing--we would decide on a theme and then I would assign people which food items to bring. We even had one "couple" who had to do the dishes and clean up afterwards--they didn't have to bring food of course.

But this weekend's party isn't like those grad student parties. For beginners we invited just about everyone we knew, not just those we like. We are supplying all the food and drinks, and there isn't a theme. A number of people keep asking what the occasion is--there is no occasion, we just wanted to have a party! And at this party, the kiddoes will be working instead of just being cute and then going off to their room at 10:30. Although I suspect most people will be gone by 10:30...we are older after all.

I'll have a report, and maybe some pictures on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to put your pix on the blog space. As you can tell, I like parties.