Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Few of My Recently Completed Projects

Strawberries Forever shows an Amish strawberry farm. Some younger people are picking the strawberries while some middle aged Amish are selling pies, jams and quilts. It was completed in 2003 but only framed a week ago.

The weaving sampler below was completed while in Chicago and shortly thereafter. I bought a lap handweaving loom to get some practice with weaving and to see if my classes in October will be a complete waste of time. I believe I wove my warp too tight and caught myself getting the weft (side to side) too tight about 1/3 of the way up. But I had fun playing with patterns, made a few up on my own, learned to read a pattern, and did it all by hand. Looking forward to a more complex machine.





Woman with flowers is a needlepoint designed by Chris Roberts-Antieau. I loved working on her because of all the fun colors and the complexity of the design. I finished her two nights ago and she is off to the framers today.
A is for Angel is a Christmas gift for Alyssa. The stitches and design motifs all begin with the letter A.


E is for Empress is a Christmas gift for Elizabeth. All the stitches and design motifs begin with the letter E.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she is both prolific and talented.

Anonymous said...

These are all VERY beautiful! The girls will treasure their samplers. I admire your work.
Auntie J.