Monday, August 13, 2007

When I was a little girl...

My brothers and I got in trouble with my mom and she sent us outside "until I call you back in." Bryan and I were really bummed about this because we had a really good game going involving some weird combination of spyrograph and this marble guiding game. I honestly don't know what we did to get in trouble, but I do know that we were sent outside without any of our toys or games and I was mad. As was Bryan.

Trying to be grown up, I said, "Well, dammit...what are going to do now?"

Bryan jumped up, ran to the back door which Mom hadn't had the time yet to lock and yelled, "Mom, Leslie's cussing."

She came to that door fuming mad. I saw her jerk Bryan in, he was crying "I didn't do anything wrong, it was Leslie who was cussing." But somehow it didn't matter because I wasn't cussing where she could hear me, but Bryan was tattling where she could hear him. I assume he got sent to his room and was ordered to stay there or else, but I don't really know because I went in search of the kittens and managed to entertain myself without getting in Mom's hair--or at least I assume I did because I don't really remember anything else.

No comments: