Thursday, August 16, 2007

Patience is not my virtue!

I remember in junior high wanting to be such a good Christian, and our Sunday School teacher told us that if we wanted to do something to improve ourselves, we needed to ask God to test us. I knew that I wasn't very patient, and thought that I should definitely serve penance and get tested and trained to be patient. So, I prayed very fervently that God teach me patience. I have to say, I'm still being tested, almost daily, and I'm not improving. I think God should finally realize I'm a lost cause, and things that one prays about as a teenager shouldn't still be haunting them when they're almost 40.

It's funny because most people I know think I'm incredibly patient. I don't think that's the case. I think I'm incredibly controlled and don't let my emotions get the best of me...but I'm not patient. They look at all my needlework and say, "the patience to do something like this!" It's not patience that allows me to sew. I'm completely in control of my sewing, so it's not a patience thing. I don't have to wait on anyone to do anything, and I find it very peaceful most of the time.

What I don't find peaceful, is waiting on people to do stuff. Waiting is very hard, and I don't do it well, and I've been SO good this week and last waiting for things to work themselves out for us buying a new car and now that things have worked out and we have to wait on the car to get delivered, cleaned, and then finding time in David's busy schedule this week to actually go sign the papers and GET the car! It's KILLING me!

No, I'm NOT a patient person!

No comments: