Friday, April 27, 2007

Efficiency

I had a dream last night about Grandma T. She had planted this huge plot of corn (about 20 acres or so) because she could sell it for things like animal feed, ethanol (it WAS the wave of the future), and corn meal.

Someone who doesn't know her asked "Why at her age would she do something like this?"

My reply was: "Grandma has always been someone who hates waste. She doesn't waste food, or water, or time, or money, or opportunity."

And when I woke up I thought "How apt."

3 comments:

CD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very apt indeed. (I'm curious as to why the other comment was deleted.)

Leslie said...

Betty, The other comment was deleted because it was a "spam" comment (sort of like e-mail). Usually when I delete them it doesn't show that they've been deleted so don't know what was up with that!