Monday, April 30, 2007

When I was a little girl...

...I loved to read books. I could read and read and read until my eyes popped. I remember in third grade, at the new elementary school, going to the library every day. I read all the books in my section and they had to move me to the "older" section. I was so excited. MORE books. That's when I discovered the Little House on the Prairie series. I devoured them, every single one. I would be so upset it for some reason the next in the series was checked out by someone else. Books helped keep me sane.

I still read all the time. Books are one of those things that still excite me when I get to pick out a new one. I have a shelf of about 70 books that I will read someday. At a book a week (my current pace) that should take me about 1.5 years, so it really isn't as many as it seems....I should get to my next one, now that I think about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a VORACIOUS reader for sure!