Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It was a rough day yesterday

Yesterday was tough. I'm not sure where my kids got the notion that I would buy them a car, but they did and it was a tough discussion filled with fit-throwing when it finally hit them that they were indeed going to have to buy their own car. E is actually refusing to learn to drive until she gets her own car. Logic there astounds me.

Not only that, but they, repeatedly, mentioned the fact that David and I haven't had time to go to the store lately and that "if we would only do our job and go to the store" everything would be alright. For many reasons that didn't settle so well with me.

I swear I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when they graduate! E pointed out that we're going to have a lot of free time after they leave and wondered what on earth we would do with it. Isn't it just like a kid not to realize that their parents have lives other than centered around them.

I'm tired and have a headache today and simply don't know what I have the energy to tackle...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaahhh, growing pains. Hang in there!
Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

My girls also had to buy their own cars. I remember Stacy saying, "You have ruined my life!" ha. It's not funny when you're in the midst of it, but like Jan said, hang in there. It will pass. BJ

Anonymous said...

They're driving already? Wow, they can drive us to the shops in June...that is, IF you get them a car!