Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Everybody needs a spa day

David and I went to the Point Clear Marriott Grand Hotel over the weekend. It may be the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at...it is definitely the nicest spa facility I've been in (considering that the number of spa facilities I've been in number probably 2 or 3 depending on what you count as a spa, I'm not sure how reliable my "nicest" is...but it was swanky...trust me on that!).

We decided to take a business retreat because we've been going crazy and nutty and not able to figure out what we need to be doing, so a few days of no other distractions would be good...and it was great.

I had a facial and a hydrotherapy bath. David had a massage and a hydrotherapy bath. I loved both treatments and can't wait to go back again. My friend, who we met for dinner Sunday evening, the day we had our spa day, commented that I sounded different on the phone. It was funny because I was commenting to David how much more relaxed I felt just from the previous time we'd made that very same drive.

I have a pile of work to do that just about meets my nose, so I really need to start tackling it, but I'm so relaxed that I'm not worried--it'll get done, it doesn't stress me. Just a little at a time and before I know it that stack will be taken care of.

No comments: