Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Organizing

I've spent a lot of time organizing my house lately. I think that has a lot to do with the contractor that I'm spending a lot of money on and his junk that is strewn everywhere throughout my house and yard...really he's a neat person and does a very good job of containing his stuff, but it's STILL there.

Anyway, two weekends ago we organized two closets, I would like to get to a third this weekend. I could get real pleasure for going into the girls' room and throwing away a bunch of stuff--like the bag of scrap material that I had intended to drop off at the Children's Quilt group at the quilt guild in town that A has for some reason confiscated and won't give up: It's just holding court in the corner by her door. The library counter top by the back door is so junky that I don't worry about burglers coming in and stealing my purse anymore because I don't think they could find it. SOMETHING needs to be done.

Being organized makes me feel good. I like knowing that my wine is in three rows--white, red and "party" (you know, the cheaper but decent stuff that you'll serve at parties). Being organized saves on waste. For instance, when we cleaned the closet in our bedroom, we found that we had 5, yes 5, bottles of deodorant and no toothpaste. You have more room for more stuff and you can STILL find it all--it's great actually, a wonderful way to live.

When my stuff is in its place, I feel like I can breathe deeply and enjoy things around me better. I feel like I have control over something and that's nice, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm like you, Leslie. I like being organized too!
Auntie J.