Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sugar Free 2 Months!

I decided after my sugar "binge" in Orange Beach over the Memorial Day weekend that it was indeed time to give up the sugar. Still doing well and proud to say so!

I have struggled some days. Really hard. When things get stressful or I get bored, my first inclination is to get a candy bar or drink a coke...and it's been hard letting those things go and finding new ways to deal with stress or boredom that don't have anything to do with sugar. I'm happy that I have David's support because without him I know I wouldn't have lasted this long.

In these two months I've lost a little weight, regained interest in going to the gym, learned there are serious down sides to eating sugar (mood swings, energy level ups and downs, addiction), and generally felt better. I can't wait to see how things are going two months from now! And even a year from now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. It will pay off in the end. I am proud of you and your will power. Mom