Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Thoughts on Boredom

I am bored. I hate being bored. Being bored makes me crazy, lazy and irritable, and I'm bored out of my skull these days!

I think boredom is one of the worst things a person can go through, and I'm not just talking about myself, though I do believe that too. It has teenagers looking for crazier and more terrifying ways to entertain themselves, it has adults looking for new relationships--often in places and with people they shouldn't. Boredom is probably one of the reasons that so many people are so terrifically in debt--simply because we are not engaged enough in the things going on around us to be happy with the way our lives are.

When I'm bored I find that I pick fights with everyone around me. I cannot, no matter how much I want to, be interested in anything. I can't pay attention to something for more than 5 minutes without that too boring me to death.

I can't even think! I often feel like I'm going crazy.

Hopefully one day soon I'll find myself interested in things again--not feeling like I'm going to have to run through the streets wearing a pink turban and gold sari just to shake things up a bit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I have just read several of your blogs. I really really liked your account of the Faked Save, and the account of the Baby Birds learning to Fly. I could just see them! I wasn't bored with any of them! I understand boredom. I get that way occasionally too. My only advice, give in to it, be bored, tomorrow you'll be back on track!