Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wanderlust

I don't usually check my horoscope, but thought it might provide some fodder for my blog today since all I can seem to think about is annoying teenagers who want to fight about every single little thing in life but who want no responsibility for their actions or behaviors and I don't want to be whiney EVERY day on my blog--I'll save that post for when I, personally, have a little perspective on the whole issue. The horoscope for Sagitarius today is:

The planets show you earning your status as the official sign of wanderlust. Long ago, you started running, and you're running still. You'll see some beautiful places when you follow that call.

I can't tell you how excited that horoscope makes me feel! I get to travel to beautiful places when I follow my own natural urges to GO PLACES despite the fact that I don't have the money or time to do so! And it's funny because David and I are both Sag's and most of the time when I do read the horoscope, I think "that doesn't really apply to David very much" but this one is on target! We both love to travel and move things around and experience life from different perspectives.

In fact, when we were very poor college students, we could fulfill our wanderlust by moving apartments--this also helped us save money as rent prices seemed to go up everytime you renewed a lease. Then when we do manage to settle down someplace, I'm always moving the furniture around in the house. I did that as a kid too--I think I probably rearranged my room every 3 months or so...or even switched rooms when my brothers left.

Lately, this wanderlust has been really hard to contain. I just want to get on the open road and drive and see and experience new things every day. I want to meet people and eat food and experience life without the daily-ness tying me down. I want to sleep late and wake up and ask myself "what do I want to do today" and then do that.

So, seeing my horoscope validate those feelings I've had lately and knowing that I'll one day be able to see some beautiful places makes me feel like I can get through these dog days of summer, these doldrums, these halcyon days I was looking at so fondly a few weeks ago...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your horoscope makes you feel good and I hope someday you can just travel like that. I read my horoscope one day back in 1969. It said, "Today you will meet someone that will change your life". It was my birthday 8-8-69. I met Kenneth that day. I always read my horoscope!