Friday, January 26, 2007

It's Friday...

But it feels like every other day with that added anticipation of a date with my hubby.

Working from home has some definite benefits. I can wear stretchy pants, t-shirts, and pony tails most days. I even look forward to putting on "real" clothes when I do have a meeting or lunch planned. I can listen to my music really loud, dance, sing, and otherwise enjoy myself--yes, while I'm working. I can take breaks when I need to to do important things like laundry, or start dinner. I can even sew when I'm in a particularly contemplative mood. I love having all my windows open letting in the sun. I can adjust the temperature so that I'm not freezing or sweating. My kitties are around me all day and they charm me with their cuteness on an hourly basis. I don't have to answer the "front office phones"...basically I'm having a ball and know that I made the correct decision in deciding to work from home.

But then there are other issues...like setting up the office was expensive and time consuming. I spent all of a weekend shopping for and buying furniture, computer equipment, etc. Then there was the actual seeting up of all that beautiful equipment and furniture which took another couple of days--all the while I have projects piling up with deadlines looming. But what's gotten me recently is that, well, if the computer stops working properly, I'm the one in charge of it...and while I'm getting the basics of accounting despite not being an accountant, I don't think I can get the basics of why my laptop refuses to connect to the internet despite the fact that it shows that it's connected, receiving signals, etc...or why it'll do it for 5 minutes and then quit for good. That's annoying because before I could have just called Justin and he would have showed up eventually to fix my problem. But now, I'm Justin and I don't have a clue!

But I do love Friday because after today I can relax on Sat. and Sun. and I get to go out and have a very nice dinner and some wine with my hubby AND come home to an empty house since the kiddos are spending the evening with a friend...and since we do have a computer that is connected to the land-line, I'll be ok...there's interenet access at least, even if I do have to fight David for it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a little daunting to own your own business and be your own boss. However, it's also great, and has been good for us. It will be 26 years in August, and I wish you much success.