Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Big Circles Batik Quilt


I collected batik fabrics for this quilt for years before coming up with the design (derived from a photograph in a quilt magazine advertisement) and then piecing it. I almost lost it to Hurricane Katrina, and thought I had for a few days, because it was at the quilt shop in Pass Christian. However, the quilter escaped with just the quilts she had commissioned to quilt before the shop was destroyed by the hurricane. Lucky us! Anyway, I have finally found a quilter who I trusted to work on it and she did a fabulous job quilting it as she would a double wedding ring. It's just about as perfect as it can be (in my humble opinion anyway!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely beautiful and very, very striking! I love it!
Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

I just keep coming back to look at your stunning quilt. I think you should enter it in a quilt show. Did you name it Katrina?
Auntie J.

Leslie said...

Thank you Janice. I haven't named it anything yet. Big Batik Circles is about as creative as I've gotten, but it should definitely be named in Katrina's honor.

I will enter it in the local quilt show in 2008.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I just sent Lyn (in Chi) some batik fabrics. She loves them too. I didn't know you did. I also sent an article about making batiks. Wish I'd kept a copy for myself to send you.