Friday, March 02, 2007

Date Night!

I'm so excited about date night tonight. Not that we're doing anything other than spending time together, playing games and having a few glasses of wine, but it IS something other than work, and this week, that's very special.

I mention date night to some of my friends and they seem really surprised that David and I would still have a special night that is totally dedicated to just us. "Aren't you bored spending time with him yet?" they ask...bored? If I were bored, why wouldn't I do something about it and if that didn't work, why would I still be married?

I have to admit that we went a little crazy earlier this year and went out to dinner every Friday night. While I love doing that, switching to working from home and the accompanying expenses (not to mention being marrooned in Santa Fe) have made that a little more difficult financially than it was last year...so we're only going out twice a month now, and after getting insurance premiums I'm beginning to think that maybe we'll have to cut those out too!

At any rate, Friday nights are nights that David and I reserve for each other. The kids have to find something to do and somehow to get there and we simply do whatever we like and talk and have fun.

The problem with date night tonight is that I'm really tired and hope I can manageto stay awake to make it through a game or two. I've worked until 9pm every night except last night since Sunday and it's starting to wear on me. When I went to bed last night I realized that I couldn't remember when I'd last had a shower. I think it was Wed., but I couldn't remember if something came up and I didn't make it. So, hopefully I make good progress on the final things I need to finish up for this report and can enjoy myself and stay awake at least until 10!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your date night, even if you're too tired to play cards. Ken and I had a date night tonight - Chinese food. I like taking walks with him too, it's good for a lot of good talking.