Monday, March 12, 2007

From Home Alone to Home Congested

Well, my home alone dreams didn't happen. While David was indeed gone, the girls were not able to spend any time this weekend with their friend Ali like they had planned. First her grandmother was sick and then Ali got sick. Ali did try to not be sick, but after she threw up several times at the mall Sunday afternoon, A&E insisted on coming home.

Unfortunately I woke up Saturday morning with a bad cold, so while I didn't sit at home and moan like I wanted to, it did take a little bit of the fun out of shopping, and the playfulness I expected to have once home was really diminished. I did get my awesome quilt (pictures tomorrow) and hemmed it. I did get several shirts and bras for the trip. Oh and two new pair of shoes...in fact, I got the most comfortable pair of sandals I've ever worn. They are the Yucatan style by Ecco and are worth every penny.

The weekend wasn't a total wash, but I still feel a little puny and have to head up to Jackson for a meeting, and I don't feel nearly as invigorated by the home alone time as I thought I would.

D#$% cold!

No comments: