Wednesday, March 14, 2007

San Diego Pictures, Finally

We had a very nice time in San Diego. We got there Monday evening, went to the hotel and had drinks and nachos, then went to our room and practically passed out since we'd been up and moving around since 6:30, Central, that morning. This was the view that greeted us in the morning.















My friend Tony picked us up on Tuesday morning and took us into the city where we went to see the Embarcardo--basically the shipyard. This statue had just been dedicated. There were WWII vets everywhere and film crews. It was very exciting.
















We then had to take David back to the hotel so he could go do his conference workshop, and Tony and I went back to San Diego to Balboa Park where we walked around and saw all kinds of wonderful views. The gardenia garden and the fountain were my favorites.










After Tony dropped me off, David and I had dinner and then saw this beautiful sunset from our room. It was an early day the next morning getting back home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pix look like postcards! Absolutely beautiful. I love the statue you are in front of. I'm surprised David didn't grab you and kiss you the same way!

Leslie said...

Thanks Betty. I love taking pictures, but David loves taking them about twice as much as I do.

David almost did grab me like that, but my back is bad and I was afraid I'd be hobbled over for the rest of the trip!