Friday, March 09, 2007

Home Alone

David left for Tucson this morning and spring break starts for the girls this afternoon. I suspect that I'll spend a good bit of the next three days home alone, and I'm trying to decide what to do with myself...

I started a new book that I'm really enjoying (6th in the Ladies Detective Agency books). I could have it finished this afternoon if I sat down to read it.

I could go to the mall and shop for bras. I love losing weight, but when all my bras begin to look like there's less of me in them, I can only hide that for so long. Of course, doing my measurements the way JCPenney says to do them, I'm supposed to be a 42DD, which made David laugh in a rather insulting way when I informed him of that. So, bra shopping could definitely be up there.

I could just go shopping for clothes. Need new summer stuff, as I was apparently expecting to lose weight before this summer because I got rid of every pair of shorts I ever had. Of course, the stores aren't carrying anything new and exciting just yet. When I asked when the spring stuff would be coming in, the woman behind the counter said, "we're already getting it." I replied "really?"

I could get a ton of sewing done. I am almost finished maching quilting a lap quilt and I could attach the binding and snuggle under it tonight while I'm reading. Plus I have my needlepoint and cross stitch projects that are mid-way.

Of course, there's always nintendo. I could finish our new game before David gets home and make him incredulous and jealous. Or I could play the other game that's really boring for other people to watch, but which I really enjoy--It's a farming game, and I believe when I left off I was actually pregnant!

The little nag in the back of my head is reminding me that there's always work...I don't want to get into the bind I was in last week...

First, though, I'm going to get breakfast, and then I'll consider what I want to do this weekend. I am definitely going to pick up my latest quilt from the quilter. I CANNOT wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you didn't even report on San Diego. I just knew there would be a report of your trip. Hope it was wonderful. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, too, whatever you decide to do.

Leslie said...

Betty, I was planning to put up pictures of San Diego on Friday, but David took the camera with him to AZ, so it'll be next week! It was a fun, but fast, trip.